In case you haven´t notice, the Twitter for Mac icon has gone thru quite a few changes in a very short time, check this link for a nice overview of the twitter icon saga.
It happens that I prefer the black icon, so if you are like me (nerd) then here is a quick guide to change your twitter for mac back in black:
- Go to your Applications folder.
- Right click (or ctrl click) the twitter for mac icon and select get info.
- Click on the little lock on the bottom right and authenticate.
- Change the Sharing & Permissions to Read & Write.
- Now Right click again on the twitter app and select show package contents.
- Navigate to the folder Contents and then Resources.
- Drag and copy the file “Icon2.icns” to your desktop and rename this file to “icon.icns” (you might want to backup the originals before you do this)
- Drag the just newly renamed file from your desktop to the Resources folder.
This worked for me, but there is another guide here that you might want to try.
This is what currently is running in my menu bar. It´s a bunch of lovely and practical apps that I highly recommend.
There is a larger flickr photo here: http://flic.kr/p/9fxjRX
Links to the apps below.
- Skitch - for screen grabs and share them over the internets.
- The amazing Dropbox.
- Google notifier - It tells you have new email and calendar events.
- Typeit4Me - Your fingers will thank you.
- Twitter for Mac - nuff said
- QuickCursor - works great with WriteRoom a simple and clutter free text editor.
- Evernote - for keeping notes, lists, to-do´s, etc.
- Growl - for system and app notifications.